Congratulations to LaMarsh member Christine Till & her colleagues for their latest publication and the coverage of their important work on fluoride exposure in today's Globe and Mail. This work continues to shine a light on a key public health topic.
- Nunatsiaq News: June 15, 2018
- CBC: July 24, 2018
- Newstalk 1010: July 24, 2018
- The Globe and Mail: April 23, 2019
- Radio Canada International: April 26, 2019
- CBC SPARK: May 5, 2019
- CBC: May 9, 2019
- Connolly, Preventing Harassment and Sexual Assault in High Schools, Interview, Huffington Post, November 2018.
- Connolly, Adolescent Girls, Sexual Assault and Media Idols. Interview, Chatelaine Magazine, March 2018
- March 29, 2019 Teachers 'walking on eggshells': confusion, controversy dog Ontario's sex education: York University researcher finds teachers struggle with uncertainty over controversial subject matter https://www.yorkregion.com/news-story/9244320-teachers-walking-on-eggshells-confusion-controversy-dog-ontario-s-sex-education/
- July 2018. Doug Ford reverting Ontario back to 1998 sex-ed curriculum is ‘dangerous’ for kids, experts say, Global News
- Fraser-Thomas, J. (2018, November). Invited Webinar Presentation: Making Multisport Work, Sport for Life Society (~100 coaches and practitioners logged in across Canada).
- Fraser-Thomas, J. (2018, August 10). Reference/quote in Today’s Parent. What rep sports are really doing to kids, by Courtney Shea. Retrieved from https://www.todaysparent.com/kids/kids-health/what-rep-sports-are-really-doing-to-kids/
- York University shares research on gender-based violence against refugee youth. YFile. June 19 2019. http://yfile.news.yorku.ca/2019/06/11/york-university-shares-research-on-gender-based-violence-against-refugee-youth/?http://yfile.news.yorku.ca/?utm_source=YFile_Email&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=Current-News&utm_campaign=yfile
- Workshop features research on understanding Asian Canadian youth identity. YFile. September 4 2018. http://yfile.news.yorku.ca/2018/09/04/workshop-features-research-on-understanding-asian-canadian-youth-identity/
- Research Study: Equity-based health promotion framework for racialized black mothers of children with developmental disabilities. ASD Mental Health Blog. June 18 2018. http://asdmentalhealth.blog.yorku.ca/2018/06/research-study-equity-based-health-promotion-framework-for-racialized-black-mothers-of-children-with-developmental-disabilities/
- Racism and ableism stack up against black moms, study finds. Blooms Magazine. February 15, 2019. Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital. https://bloom-parentingkidswithdisabilities.blogspot.com/2019/02/racism-and-ableism-stack-up-against.html
- Mothering at the Margins: Towards an equity-based health promotion framework for racialized mothers of children with developmental disabilities. Funded by Women’s College Hospital – Women’s Xchange 15K Challenge. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=teeeFS83Rf8
- Extensive coverage of study on pedestrian injury and socio-economic status.
- Human Rights Principles , York DRPI Modules, El Salvador
- Keynote Address, 2018 Innovative Award, Nepal
- The main KM project for me is the development of a video related to fluoride exposure during early development (Funded by SHHRC Partnership Grant)
- Water Economics, Policy and Governance Network (WEPGN); Project title: Developing a strategy to address knowledge gaps related to early life exposure to fluoride.
- Environmental Health News. news (released 10/10/2018) by Brian Bienkowski
- https://www.ehn.org/we-add-it-to-drinking-water-for-our-teeth-but-is-fluoride-hurting-us-2611193177.html York University (released 10/10/2018) by Anjum Nayyar
- https://news.yorku.ca/2018/10/10/study-fluoride-levels-in-pregnant-women-in-canada-show-drinking-water-is-primary-source-of-exposure-to-fluoride/ York University (released 10/11/2018) by Anjum Nayyar
- http://news.yorku.ca/2018/10/11/study-shows-potential-effect-of-fluoride-on-thyroid-function-for-some-canadians/ Radio International (released 10/10/2018)
- http://www.rcinet.ca/en/2018/10/10/fluoridated-water-iq-study-prenatal/ University of Toronto (released 10/10/2018)
- Featured in Y-File, York University News Source, January 7, 2019: Year in Review 2018: Top headlines for York University, April to June. Retrievable from: https://yfile.news.yorku.ca/2019/01/07/year-in-review-2018-top-headlines-for-york-university-april-to-june/
- Featured in York University’s Faculty of Health Impact Report 2018-2019: Leading Autism Spectrum Disorder Research. Retrievable from: https://health.yorku.ca/files/2018/10/York-University-Health-Impact-Report-2018.pdf
- Featured in Newswire, September 25, 2018: Autism Speaks Canada Launches Connect, Canada’s First Virtual Platform to Engage and Inform the Autism Community. Retrievable from: https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/autism-speaks-canada-launches-connect-canadas-first-virtual-platform-to-engage-and-inform-the-autism-community-694222321.html
- Featured in The Globe and Mail, July 13, 2018: A Games pioneer, a leading light in research. Retrievable from: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/article-a-games-pioneer-a-leading-light-in-research/
- Featured in The Canadian Psychology Association, June 30, 3018: Educational and School Psychology, Section of the CPA’s Spring 2018 Newsletter. Retrievable from: https://www.cpa.ca/docs/File/Sections/EDsection/CPA%20School%20and%20Ed%20section_Spring%202018.pdf
- Featured in Fragile X News Today, May 31, 2018: Cognitive behavioral therapy may help kids with autism, including Fragile X, manage emotions. Retrievable from: https://fragilexnewstoday.com/2018/05/31/cognitive-behavioral-therapy-may-help-fragile-x-children-manage-emotions/
- Featured in The National Elf Service’s The Mental Elf, May 9, 2018: CBT may help to improve emotion regulation in children with autism. Retrievable from: https://www.nationalelfservice.net/learning-disabilities/autistic-spectrum-disorder/cbt-emotion-regulation-children-autism/