The LaMarsh Centre provides trainees with funding for novel collaborative research into child and youth wellbeing. At present, there are 3 opportunities for funding:
- LaMarsh Graduate Student Leadership Award
- LaMarsh Graduate Student Research Award
- Dr. Eric Jackman Infant, Child and Youth Scholars Program
2019 - 2020 LaMarsh Leadership Representatives
Asvini Keethekmar and
LaMarsh Graduate Research Award Recipients
- Marette Abdelmaseh: "Making I-SPARX Fly in Nunavut"
- Mariami Bimm: "Literature review prevention and intervention programs for mental health problems and suicidality among Indigenous youths in Canada".
- Khadija Bint Misbah: "Preliminary literature review to gain a deeper understanding of factors that influence parenting behaviours among a vulnerable Syrian population."
- Bianca Bondi: "The parent-child relationship (e.g., father, mother, parent-child, attachment, parenting style), and the impact on various domains of child neurodevelopment (e.g., brain development, neuropsychology and neuroanatomy).
- Maria Boulos: "Syrian refugees in Toronto, investigating the characteristics associated with Family Functioning"
- Samantha Chan: "Peer and romantic relationships within a sample of girls in child welfare services using a mixed method design."
- Tracy Fabri: "A study to characterize the neurocognitive profile of children seropositive for antibodies against myelin oligodendrocyte glycoprotein (anti-MOG)."
- Rachel Lyon: "Neural correlates of mental effort: a systematic review on fMRI and EEG studies".
- Annie Mills: "Program evaluation of a peer to peer group counseling program for parents of children with autism in the South Asian community."
- Nathania Ofori: "Partnering with a locl Active Start program to gain a better understanding of children's experiences within and perceived outcomes of the program."
- Kathryn Pierce: " Identify agencies offering school-based day treatment to children in kindergarten to grade 3 in Ontario to participate in phone-based survey about the services offered and evaluation practices instituted."
- Flora Roudbarani: "Examine how mental health care service providers attitudes, knowledge and training may impact how they deliver care for individuals with autism."
- Mehra Vrati: "Prevalence and Predictors of Management of Type 2 Diabetes Among Adolescents and Young Adults in Canada".