The LaMarsh Centre engages in interdisciplinary, collaborative research initiatives that matter. Selected projects are highlighted:
- NEW STUDY!!! Researchers at York University are seeking Canadians to complete this confidential online survey on parent-teen relationship experiences and mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic. The online survey will take approximately 45 minutes to complete and is entirely anonymous. At the end of the survey, you will have the option to enter a draw to win a $250 online gift card. We ask that you participate and share this with your contacts. Investigators: Dr. Debra Pepler and Dr. Stephanie Craig. Select this link for survey website: Teens at home during COVID-19 Survey
- Making iSPARX fly in Nunavut https://isparx.ca/2019/07/02/june-2019-newsletter-volume-3/
- Chronic pain management group program benefits and the role of attention in outcome. Mount Sinai Hospital.
- Developmental cognitive neuroscience laboratory for theoretical and applied neuro-education research. Leaders Opportunity Fund, Canada Foundation for Innovation (CFI).
- Tykes and Timbits: Examining Preschoolers' Organized Sport in Canada. SSRHC Insight Grant. Primary Investigator: J. Fraser-Thomas; Co-Investigators: C. Ardern, R. Bassett-Gunter, & R. Rawana
- Athlete Development in Parasport: The Canadian Paralympian Project. SSHRC Insight Grant. Primary Investigator: J. Baker, J; Co-Investigators: N. Wattie, R. Bassett-Gunter, & J. Fraser-Thomas
- Promoting Positive Youth Development Through Youth Sport: PYD SportNET. SSRHC Partnership Development Grant. Primary Investigator: N. Holt. Co-Investigators: L. Strachan, M. Camire, D. MacDonald, K. Tamminen, J. Côté, & J. Fraser-Thomas
- A Systematic Approach to the Development and Evaluation of Targeted Messages to Promote Parent Support Beahviour to Facilitate Sport Participation Among Children with Disabilities. SSHRC Insight Grant. Primary Investigator: R. Bassett-Gunter. Co-Investigators: K. Martin Ginis, A. Latimer-Cheung, & J. Fraser-Thomas
- Positive Youth Development Through Sport: Does Intentionally Teaching Life Skills Make a Difference? SSHRC Insight Grant. Primary Investigator: T. Forneris. Co-Investigators: M. Camire, & J. Fraser-Thomas